Saturday, February 3, 2007

hi from land of sun

Well hello everyone, yes you are finally hearing from the "mature" member of this group.The madre , if you will. Impressions of Nicaragua- EVERYTHING IS MADE OF TIN, OLD TIN, AND EVERY BUILDING HAS BARS! On the doors, the windows, and fenced with barbed wire.The children at the orphanage are charming and sad and so very physically and emotionally challenged and yet they each have their own personality just like kids everywhere. It is a privelege to be here and experience their world. They have lots of love from their caregivers but like most places of this sort there is just not enough.The acupuncture from Andrea is helping and it is a joy to so such results in such a short time.The trip to the beach yesterday was so much fun for them.Wheelchairs i n the water-it didn´t matter. I think maybe this is the one time this year that some of them will be outside of the orphanage and I´m thankful that we could be there to see it. Today we present them with the hand made bracelets, the cards from Etta´s daycare and the socks and shoes that we brought. Thank you to everyone for your prayers and support in this worthy project.PS I have taken 195 photos.Big surprize, I know. Lynda House

1 comment:

Carol said...

Aloha from Hawaii to Canadians in Nicaragua. I'm so proud of my "sister" Lynda and her daughter Andrea. It makes me happy and sad to read about your experiences.. and to reflect on my contented life here in paradise. I'm loafing, you're working... what's up with that? Well, a donation to the cause is what's up with that! not out of guilt, but out of gratitude and appreciation for all the blessings I have.
aloha from your sister/other mother, Carol