Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The girls arrive in 4 more sleeps

So I had a lovely family dinner last night at my mom's...and my family is placing bets on how many babies I will fall in love with and bring home...apparently they know me too well...or do they?...time will tell...

my stepdad was updating me on the latest news report on the political going-ons of Nicaragua...and ended the update with the good wish that I don't get kidnapped...here's crossing my fingers that I stay safe and sound...As far as politics go...it will be an interesting time to be in Nicaragua...since their new president Ortega's inauguration and given his history with the country...we plan on staying safe and being wise!

Well we are 3 sleeps away from boarding the Red Arrow and 4 sleeps away from flying off to Mangua via Housten...we get up way before the roosters on Sunday morning...as our flight leaves at 6:30am...for a non-morning person I am going to have to work really hard to not growl with my travelling partners...I will do my best to be kind...I hope the airport is serving caffiene somewhere at that early morning hour....oh to be one of those early risers!...

4 sleeps till we get on the plane and what do ya know...I caught a cold...or perhaps it's my body's reaction to the immunizations that I have had to catch up on before our departure...either way having a runny nose at this point in the game cramps my pre-trip
excitement...for all of your praying people...send a word heaven bound for some speedy healing of this cold...who needs to be dealing with congestion at high altitudes?...after all there is take off and landing to get anxious about...and I think that is enough to worry about...at least for one girl...I am not too keen on flying...but at least it will get me where I want to be...Managua...thankfully I have a lovely Dr and a good ol'acupuncturist to help me through this cold...hopefully with their combined powers I will fly congestion-free.

Tomorrow I go to visit our friend Teacher Ed at his school where his class had a popcorn/bake sale to raise money to donate to the children at Pajarito Azul so that our team can take them all to the beach...an outing they don't often get taken on. I will also be picking up a giant bag of shoes to take down to the kids...and Jania's cousin called me tonight to let me know he has 100 toothbrushes to donate...along with the art supplies, socks and kids undies that many others have passed along...I am going to be as popular as Santa...with my backpack full of gifts...

I was doing some pondering and you know what is so super cool about this project?...well sit back and let me tell you...it's how so many people in our home community of E-town have gathered together in various ways to support the children of Pajarito Azul...it's quite beautiful...look at the good we are making happen by working together....ahhh...what a hallmark moment...we should be proud...and we should hang out doing good more often...my heart is overwhelmed with awe and pride when I see what we have accomplished as a community...and we haven't even left E-town yet...imagine the stories we will have once we get to Managua...I look forward to sharing them all with you when we return...the love keeps on going on...the ripple of goodness spreads and spreads...

speaking of love...
here's me sending much love to all you...

I have reached the bottom of my cup of neocitron so I am off to catch some zzzz's and continue the countdown to Managua
Lindsay

No comments: